and so it goes...

my silence is my self defense

Sunday, May 15, 2005

graduated!

well, i am now an alum of carnegie mellon university. it doesn't feel any different; i'll still be here working in lab a bit over the summer. plus they messed up my diploma and gave me an extra degree in psychology. and forgot that i was in the science and humanities scholars program. oh well. i won an award for being an awesome girl in mcs that involved me getting money. and the present the bio department gave for being involved in the biosac was a beer mug with a dna helix inscribed on it. how appropriate.

on that note, hemmingways tonight with fellow graduates (miklos, phil, josh, hae na, dana), connor, gerrit, and miklos's brother atilla. that will be fun.

my apartment is all packed up and split into the backs of two mini vans. i go home tomorrow for two weeks before coming back to live in beth's house, which i guess is really no longer beth's house but janet and lynn's house.

hmmmm.... when i'm home i get to go house hunting in new haven. that should be lots of fun. hopefully yale will be exciting and fun and good hard work.

the bio diploma ceremony yesterday was really nice. it was neat to hear about everyone's accomplishments throughout college. and pretty impressive. people have started business, gotten papers published, presented work at international conventions, and all sorts of fancy stuff. (i didn't do any of that stuff) i hope people found it interesting that all of my extracurricular activities included theatre, music, and art: sns, photoclub, counterpoint, dancer's symposium, etc. good stuff.

anyway, i need to try to keep in touch with people after i leave. so if you still read my blog, email me with contact info. if i don't have your blog linked off this page, leave a comment with your blog address so i can stalk you :P

and as always, fluffies are awesome!! and cute!! and snuggly and all other good things!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm actually from Allen, Texas, not that it really matters. I'm really glad you'll be living in my house over the summer! We'll have so much fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home