and so it goes...

my silence is my self defense

Sunday, May 16, 2004

i really love billy joel

i was listening to volume 3 of billy joel's greatest hits today and was reminded of just how good the music is. one of my favorite songs, lullabye (goodnight, my angel) is on that cd. the first time i ever heard that song was when i sang it in freshman choir (all gilrs) in high school. one of my fondest memories of singing that song was singing it in puchheim, germany, which is a small city outside of munich. we were there with the other choirs and the band on a music tour of germany. our last day, we had a benefit concert to raise money for people who were ill. we sang in the local church, which was the ugliest building in the world-- a big cement tub-- but it had wonderful acustics. a 5 second sound decay. our sound when we were in germany was a lot better than normal because only the most hard core and dedicated people went on the trip. singing lullabye was so pretty in that space. i have the recording in pittsburgh, but it doesn't do it justice.

i also realized how much i miss singing. i haven't really had much of an opportunity to sing during the past three years. beth was telling me rumors about how people like kami and courtney were thinking of starting a show choir on campus. awesome idea if you ask me. i'd totally audition.

singing is good. maybe i'll take a road trip sometime soon and just sing at the top of my lungs in my car. we shall see.

today i decided to buy the billy joel greatest hits collection because i only own copies and they are getting messed up. i also bought a cd of billy joel playing the piano which is way hot.

anyway, i'll leave you with a little billy joel....

"Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabyes go on and on...
They never die
That's how you
And I
Will be"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home