and so it goes...

my silence is my self defense

Saturday, June 19, 2004

summer is for contentment

and irresponsibility.

two things i readily embrace.

anyway, i'm really having a great summer so far. that hasn't happened in a little while. the past couple of summers have been kind of suck because i didn't want to be where i was. especially last summer, working at scherring plough on a project that i hated and living with people i didn't know (mostly my own fault). there were some wonderful weekends spent with friends both from home and from school, but for the most part it really sucked.

this summer on the other hand, i'm working in a really comfortable and happy environment on a project that i think is really interesting and fun (although i wish my digests would work out sometime soon) and i'm surrounded by wonderful people. and i still have a good amount of time to myself. sure there are a few things that i would like to improve upon. mostly, the awkwardness that is my friendship with joe, but overall things are very good.

i just slept for about 11 hours (and it was wonderful!!) and now i'm thinking about walking up to squirrel hill to go hang out in barnes and noble for a bit. i haven't done that in a long time because i haven't had the time. i'm excited about swing dancing again tonight. and i'm going to wear my newish jean skirt that should fluff out when i spin, even though i've worn it about 7 times and haven't washed it yet. the crazy movie to follow the swing dancing i am less excited about but it's supposed to be good and the company will be good so it's all good.

my pudgy fluffy says hello: jmnjhgftdgfhjkj. he can't type so well because he doesn't have individual fingers. he is a happy fluffy though.

and i am a happy catherine.

now off to squirrel hill-- after i get dressed. and then maybe i'll go running or something. and plan fun parties for 4th of july/gerrit and courtk's bdays and perhaps bastille day. hooray for the party girl cookbook!!

smile!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    "With all we've had to go through, we'll end up twice as strong"

    I promise we'll be fine, Cat. And I'm sorry, to you and everyone, for all the awkwardness and drama. You remain my best and closest friend.

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will be back in time for July 4th! YAAAAAHHH!!

    And perhaps Gerrit and CourtK's birthdays, although I don't know when they are.

    Helen"ice breakerrrrr!"G

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Catherine said…

    gerrit and courtk's bday is july 4. beth and i are planning a party for the weekend after probably, and also some sort of 4th of july party for the weekend of the fourth. so you will be here for both, helen! hooray!

    i like parties!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger AliceAyres said…

    ...I feel that I am not represented in your list of
    "Links". Is this because you don't like my blog? Or is it just because it smells?

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Catherine said…

    i didn't know you had a blog!! what is it? i'll add it to my links. because you and your blog are not smelly.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Tyson said…

    I think Lexor totally smells.

    Just kiddin' Al.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home