and so it goes...

my silence is my self defense

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

4th of july festivities

here are some fun things i did this past weekend:

cake concert

whirly ball


lazer tag

dinner at the winking lizard


fireworks from the roof of morewood


party at beth's house



spiderman 2

joe schmo 2 show!

overall a very good and exciting weekend. there was also lots of other good and exciting stuff left out of the above list but that's all good. if you want to see more pictures go to my andrew space.

and tonight will be cheeeeeeeeese! sampling at whole foods. that is also very exciting.

i just read a paper on ribosomal proteins that used dominant mutants. that is what i am doing in lab this summer. it's exciting to see someone else do similar studies as me and find big discoveries and publish a paper. i hope i can find exciting dominant negative mutants that lead to big discoveries about the function of my protein and lots of papers published in highly important journals. that would be cool. until then, i will keep plugging away at my transformations, pcr, site directed mutagenesis, and mutant screens. i'm hoping that some of my transformants will have mutants that cause the cells to die. good stuff.

fluffies say hello. and go eat cheeeeeeeeeeeese!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home