and so it goes...

my silence is my self defense

Thursday, July 28, 2005

my tummy is so full


the lab went out to lunch today at that indian bistro across from the centre ave geagle. it was a very nice buffet lunch, but i guess i ate too much because now my tummy is sad. poop.

i'm having big issues about leaving in four days. i'm ready to get out of that busted house, i'm ready to be done with work and not have to worry about that, i'm ready to be done with cmu, but i'm not ready to leave pittsburgh. and especially not ready to leave gerrit. it was ok going home for breaks or going on grad school interviews because even though i was away, i knew that it was only 2 days or 2 weeks or whatever until i would see him again. but now i have no idea when i'll be able to come visit him in pittsburgh or when he'd be able to visit me in new haven. we're both going to be crazy busy when school starts again. plus, it's rather expensive to fly between new haven and pittsburgh, and a rediculously long drive. at any rate, this all just sucks. as i told gerrit this morning, i'm going to do my best to not get upset and make the most of these last few days, but leaving is going to be hard. i don't know what to do.

i don't mind being a sappy-complainy-pants here because so few people read this stupid thing if any at all. it's really just a way for me to relieve the boredom that comes from working in a place where one has to wait for things to grow up before doing experiments on them. (by the way, my experiments seem to have finally succeded. if the sequencing center doesn't suck this week, everything will be done, sort of.)

anyway, that's enough for now. enjoy the fluffies -->

1 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger chicken said…

    I know... it's so fucking devastating. I've left that person or vice versa a few times. But it's great that you'll be busy. Time will fly and you will be able to subconsciously form seperate lives, not that you have to "move on" or anything-- but you'll have something that's your own. Hey, I made it and you are a much more rational person than me! If you need to vent more, let me know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home