and so it goes...

my silence is my self defense

Sunday, August 28, 2005

last night i went on a pub crawl and didn't drink anything but water

stupid mono.

it was still a lot of fun even without the drinking. i hung out at first with a bunch of bio people. we are going to have a lot of good times i think. they all like to drink and dance and have fun. so that is good. after the first bar, the people in charge split us up into different groups to go to different smaller bars. at the time of splitting up, i was talking to this cute austrailian boy named gharad. he is married, which is stupid. but i ended up following him and the rest of his group of econ friends to the playwright, where i have been before and then to bar. yes, that's a bar called BAR. anyway, there was one econ guy, jake, who was really drunk and kept talking to me about how it was great that i was staying sober and everything. it was kind of annoying and kind of funny. at BAR, they were charging $6 at the door, but there was an open bar. they let me in for free because i wasn't drinking. that was nice of them. BAR is a combination of a restaurant, a bar, and a club. dancing would have been fun, but at that point i had no more energy left. so i sat and drank water for a while. gharad came to talk to me about how mono sucks for a few minutes, but then went to make the best out of the open bar. understandable. a creepy drunk guy sat next to me for a while, and i ignored him. then i joined another group that was heading toward GPSCY, the grad bar, where i knew carolyn and erica were. i hung out with them and the other bio people for a while before going home. this guy mike, who was really drunk and tends to be really rude, kept coming up to me and putting his arm around me, which was gross. he's creepy. but we made friends with this other guy brad, who was also at the duke interview weekend where erica and i talked to him, and today we are going to get pizza with him at either pepe's or sally's. fun fun fun.

when i got home i called gerrit and got the party update about pittsburgh. the wizzo 403 party seemed fun on the phone. although the whole flashing everybody else is a little weird to me. i guess it made more sense to all the drunk people on the other end of the phone. tyson promised me a care package because i have mono. tyson, if you read this blog, i'll be expecting a package in the mail soon!! :p

today, the left side of my throat hurts and it has white spots on it. other than that i feel fine. mono is stupid. i want it to be done. i think when i'm healthy again, i'm going to make myself a tshirt that says "kiss me! i don't have mono!" and where it out bar hopping. i think that would be fun. speaking of tshirts, i want this one, that says "my friends are stars." someone buy it for me. thanks!

also, i got sunburnt on my back from eating lunch at this restaurant on the sound with carolyn's parents, carolyn and erica. it is very silly.

fluffies are good. now i will read for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home